12.28.2007

Day 1: The Homestead Resort

Like the prologue stage of the Tour de France, the first day of the run starts without great distinction -- just a couple hours spent getting the lay of the land at The Homestead, the resort that comes closest to being my home hill. After returning from the holiday, this was the first session I've had out at the Glen Arbor resort -- I took the time to get my bearings straight and my head wrapped around the coming couple days teaching the guests how to best slip and slide around our hills. Also the day was notable as my first day back on a snowboard for the season -- I was pleased to find that while not quite back to midseason form, things came around quite nicely.

Fortunately, new snow began to fall around 3 p.m. this afternoon and still is making an effort. Life should be good for early Tele runs tomorrow morning and for digging flailing students off the deck throughout the day.

No comments: