1.16.2008

Day 18: Around Hickory Hills BC

With the best of intentions to make a short little tour, I shuffled off on my 3-pin Rebounds on the XC trail at Hickory Hills on Monday night. Hoping to make a quick lap and return back to the piste to work on making turns on the skinny skis, I turned down a trail which I thought would bring me back around to the rope tows. Of course, this was not to be the case. In the fresh snow, I tromped into the woods connecting a series of untracked trails -- keeping in mind that I wanted to continue on around to the right to get back to Hickory. After mostly going up, and a bit of down, and crashing through snow weighted branches, I popped in to a sheltered neighborhood that I deduced to be on the otherside of Hickory. Gliding my way down the road I came within sight of M72 before seeing the lights of the Swede hill -- with a bit more thicketeering I made it back to XTerra. Just a friendly reminder that stomping around unfamiliar woods on unfamiliar trails may not be such a good idea.

No comments: