With three or four inches of lake effect on the ground this morning, the schools were out and Hickory Hills was the place to be. Luckily I timed my visit this afternoon to watch the conditions change from bluebird to near white out. As I was having significant problems with fogging up in both my sunglasses and my goggles, I figured the 50 snowboarders wunder the age of fifteen were probably as well. This fact, along with that the backside (the long "Swede" run) was closed for snowmaking and my boots were giving me a bit of bother was enough for me to back it in after 45 minutes or so. On the upside, my wife Laura's Christmas skis (Line 167 twins with Salomon S710s) seemed to track quite nicely. No doubt that my XXL frame does a pretty good job mashing the life out of the size L ski, it seems quite handy to have a set of skis in that range of the quiver.
1.02.2008
Day 6: Hickory Hills
With three or four inches of lake effect on the ground this morning, the schools were out and Hickory Hills was the place to be. Luckily I timed my visit this afternoon to watch the conditions change from bluebird to near white out. As I was having significant problems with fogging up in both my sunglasses and my goggles, I figured the 50 snowboarders wunder the age of fifteen were probably as well. This fact, along with that the backside (the long "Swede" run) was closed for snowmaking and my boots were giving me a bit of bother was enough for me to back it in after 45 minutes or so. On the upside, my wife Laura's Christmas skis (Line 167 twins with Salomon S710s) seemed to track quite nicely. No doubt that my XXL frame does a pretty good job mashing the life out of the size L ski, it seems quite handy to have a set of skis in that range of the quiver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment